Tuesday, September 30, 2008

OWIE!!




Ok, you truly realize just how vulnerable you are when your baby takes a fall and gets a bad head injury. Liya and Joey were playing in my room giggling behind me, and the next thing I hear is a big bang... it's not the first time it's happened, so I didn't think much of it until I saw Liya on the floor and she started wailing a really painful cry. She had fallen off of a small chair she climbed on, and had fallen on the handle to my dresser, on the only drawer with a missing handle. She'd fallen on the stubs that were sticking out. I saw the circle of blood, and my heart came up in my throat.. I took her to the bathroom to clean the blood off, and prayed it wasn't bad. When I cleaned the blood off, I saw an almost-hole in the center of her forehead. It was deep, but not excessively bleeding, like most head injuries. But instantly I felt like throwing up, and screamed for my dad. He came and took a look at it, and helped me clean her up. I was so scared, because yes, I'm a worried mommy... I didn't know if it was serious enough to take her to the hospital or not. She wouldn't stop crying for the longest time, and when she rubbed her eyes, she cried from the pain. But I checked her responses, and looked online what to do with a possible concussion. It actually said contrary to popular belief that it isn't bad to let them sleep especially in children. Often, it helps when you take them to the doctor because they are calmer, and the Dr. can evaluate the seriousness of it better. It's when it's tough to rouse them that you should worry. So anyway, I let her sleep... I finally put her down when I had to pee badly enough. She seems to be ok, but I hope nothing pops up later on... and she's going to have an ugly scar on her pretty little head.. :( I think I realized that those two kids are the one biggest vulnerable part of me. I've never felt so shaken up and sick, I had to take a chill pill lol. I love my babies!! <3>

2 comments:

Sara :) said...

OH!!! Poor Liya!!! I think my parents knew that feeling... when I was just learning how to walk, I tripped and hit a door frame or something, and split open my forehead just above my left eye. For that, I had to have stitches. And yes, I still have the scar... and if you haven't noticed it, then there is hope for Liya!!! :)

Syra May said...

I just wanted to make a follow up note on this one... she recovered/healed really fast and she barely even has a scar, which makes me happy on both accounts! :)